Behavior in the Library
At all times, students should follow the Library's Golden Rule:
Be Considerate and Respect others.
· Work quietly and do not disturb classes that are in session.
· When a class is working on the computers, please check with Mrs. Rich or the teacher on duty to see if there are any available computers.
· Cell phones are permitted in the library for texting only. Talking on cell phones is NOT permitted. Cell phones are not permitted while students are in the Library with a class.· Students may use portable music players while in the Library on their own personal time. Students must use earphones.
· Please do not bring food or beverages into the Library.
· Return materials and pay fines promptly.
· Clean your work space before you leave.Students are welcome to use the Library during their free time for study, research, and recreational reading. To enter the Library at any time and for any reason, you must sign in. Please print or write your name legibly, the time in, and where you are coming from, i.e. teacher's name, study hall, etc.
From an academic class
Please present a pass from your academic teacher for that period and sign in at the Circulation Desk. Your name must be on the pass.
Please sign in on the sheet for your grade level at the Check-in Desk when you arrive in the Library.
Food and beverages are not allowed in the Library, so be sure to eat lunch in the cafeteria first.
The librarian reserves the right to restrict the number of students entering from lunch.From study hall
To come to the Library from a study hall, you must sign in and present a pass signed by the teacher in charge of the study hall. Your name must be on the pass.
After signing in to the Library from a study hall, you must stay for the rest of the period. If you need to leave for any reason, i.e. lavatory, guidance, etc., please request a pass from the librarian or teacher on duty and sign out.
Please note that because classes are often conducted in the Library, study hall students cannot be guaranteed access to a computer. You should be prepared to work quietly with or without a computer.
The librarian reserves the right to restrict the number of students entering from study hall when several classes are booked in the Library during the same period.
Before and After school
To come to the Library before or after school, you must sign in at the Circulation Desk.