The West Essex Board of Education accepted the following grants totaling $15,306 from the West Essex Education Foundation in conjunction with Policy and Regulation #7230 in January, 2012.
The grants will be used for the following:
• $1,728 for the purchase of seven (7) LED cordless microscopes for use in 7th grade science classes.
• $1,325 for the purchase of a SMART Response 24 Clicker System for use, in conjunction with SMART Boards, in 8th grade science classes.
• $550 for the purchase of an online subscription to “Quia” to be used by all middle school Reading, English and Resource Room teachers.
• $1,110 for the purchase of the Jamestown Critical Reading & Fluency Series and the Wilson Fluency Basic Kit for use in the middle school ILS and Reading classes.
• $500 for the purchase of recreational reading books to supplement an 8th grade reading classroom library.
• $1,700 for the purchase of “Math Tools” software for SMART Boards for use in all middle and high school Mathematics classes.
• $2,000 for the purchase of two (2) LCD projectors to be used by all middle and high school Health and Physical Education teachers.
• $360 for the purchase of three (3) levels of Scholastic’s French magazines to be used in the middle and high school French classes.
• $500 to be used by the Fine, Performing and Practical Arts Department to sponsor the Senior Citizen Breakfast and Winter Concert.
• $300 to cover costs associated with the participation of the Robotics club in the “Team America Rocketry Challenge”.
• $800 for the purchase of a Targa electric projector screen to be used by all high school instrumental performing ensembles as well as the Music Theory class.
• $500 for the purchase of a digital camera for use in high school Advanced Studio II & III, and AP Studio Art classes.
• $540 for the purchase of a color printer for use in high school Biology CPA and Earth and Environment classes.
• $1,168 for the purchase of four (4) SMART Slate wireless slates to be used to gain mobility, in conjunction with SMART Boards, in high school science classes.
• $600 to be used to fund the participation of the high school AP English Literature and Competition class in four (4) Manhattan Theater Club (MTC) workshops as well as attendance to an MTC production.
• $1,325 for the purchase of a SMART Response 24 Clicker System for use, in conjunction with SMART Boards, in high school mathematics classes.
• $300 for the purchase of an Integrated Chinese Textbook DVD (Lab) for use in high school Mandarin Chinese classes.